Summarized below are equipment work highlights for 2017 extracted from our detailed equipment restoration reports available on our DHC Blog
Pontiac HyRail #26 Work
- Car continues to be (safely) stored off-site in a climate controlled storage facility. This is still necessary to make room to museum renovations/material stored in shop. No work was done on the vehicle this year.
Passenger Car #4977 Work
- Completed over 90% of metal restoration work in the “B” end vestibule
- Restored/Renewed all of original mahogany and replacement luan panelling and miscellaneous mahogany trim in the car, including staining and lacquering
- Installed all window roller blind covers
- Completed painting of wall surfaces at the “A” and “B” ends
- Restored ventilator cabinet in the “B” end
- Removed, stripped and re-painted steam heat pipe covers
- Milled ceiling trim
- Restored emergency tool cabinet
- Restored fire extinguisher cabinet
TNVR #10 Work
- Engine #1 head rebuilt and whole powerplant painted
- Fuel lines replaced
- Electrical work done on both alternators
CP 6200 Work
- Feed Water Heater installed.
- Cosmetic windows fabricated/installed.
- Smokebox cleaned and sealed.
- Front of smoke-box all repainted.
- Headlight work 85% completed.
- Number-boards installed front and back.
- Rear headlight rebuilt.